Featured artist Mary Ann Runciman appeared on Colour In Your Life Season Four (4). Read a little bit about the artist here and support our site by joining and watching the episode below.
Mary Ann Runciman was born in Tanzania in 1954 and emigrated to Australia in 1978. She has also lived in Swaziland, South Africa, the UK and France.
“Figure drawing has always been an important part of my working practice. I have used these drawings as a departure for this series of paintings. These paintings are an exploration of painting itself. I confined the format to the square and in many of these paintings there is no right way up, but are intended as self-contained worlds of their own. I divide my time between Paris and Australia.” ~ Mary Ann Runciman
Her studies have been spread across two decades and have included:
- 1974-76 B.A. The University of Natal (Painting and History of Art.)
- 1977 Honours Degree in History of Art. Thesis on Symbolism in Art
- 1979-81 B.A. Fine Arts, S.A.C.A.E., Underdale. (Printmaking.)
- 1982 Postgraduate Diploma. (Painting.)
- 1991-92 Studies in Paris of anatomy at Ecole des Beaux-Arts and drawing Ecole des Arts Decoratifs. Did copies in Lourve
- 1991-94 Further copying in Louvre
Mary Ann Runciman Solo exhibits include:
- 1988 Hill Smith Fine Art Gallery, Adelaide
- 1993 B.M.G., Adelaide
- 1995 B.M.G., Adelaide
- 1998 Greenaway Gallery, Adelaide
- 2000 Greenaway Gallery, Adelaide
- 2005 Greenfields Gallery, Paris
- 2006 SALA Church Studios, Adelaide
You can contact Mary Ann Runciman directly via this website.
Original Air Date: 10th March 2013