Featured artist Maria Paterson appeared on Colour In Your Life Season One (1). Read a little bit about the artist here and support our site by joining and watching the episode below.
Maria has been living, creating, and teaching art as a professional artist in the Northern Rivers area of NSW for the past 30 years. Her work is in corporate and private collections in Australia and overseas. It has also won many awards.
People, nature, and landscapes have been her inspiration. Using traditional mediums such as pastels, oils on canvas, and ceramic sculptures, she likes to capture moments in time in which inspiration shines through.
For many years she has worked with individuals and art groups, giving students the practical skills to achieve their artistic visions. Sapphire Art Retreat is where you will find Maria as a host of an art camp on the gem fields of Central QLD.
Maria Paterson has won the following awards:
- 2015 2nd prize Pastel Society of Australia
- 2012 Highly commended, pastel Ocean Shores at Expo
- 2011 Highly commended, drawing ocean shores at expo
- 2010 Judge’s Commendation, James Powditch, Border Art Prize, Tweed River Art Gallery
- 2010 highly commended Ocean Shores Art Expo
- 2006 1st prize Pastel Ocean Shores Art Expo
- 2005 2nd prize Mixed media, 1st prize Peoples Choice award, Ocean shores Art exp
- 1995 1st prize still life Southern Cross Art Prize
- 1991 1st prize Yamba Open Art Prize acquisitive
- 1991 1st prize Pastel Society of Australia
- 1987 Highly commended Southern cross-art prize
She has also held the following Solo Exhibitions:
- 2007 Light & Dark, Hang-Up Gallery, Billinudgel
- 2006 Through the Looking Glass Studio D’Mannie, Brisbane
- 1999 Recent works, Mullumbimby Art Gallery
- 1994 Recent works Artworks on Oasis, Broadbeach QLD
You can contact Maria Paterson directly via her website at http://mariapaterson.com
Original Air Date: 3rd June 2012