Featured artist Lucy McCann appeared on Colour In Your Life Season Seven (7). Read a little bit about the artist here and support our site by joining and watching the episode below.
Lucy McCann was born in Armidale, NSW in 1958 and studied fashion and dress design at The National Art School, which gave her the grounding in draftsmanship and design.
She won a scholarship to model with June Dally-Watkins and continued to model with the agency while designing clothing and accessories with the fashion design label, Cue. At this time Lucy was asked to design images of Australian themes for sloppy joes and sandshoes, so the study of screen printing was undertaken, also at The National Art School. She has been a teacher of art for 13 years, in Australia, New Zealand and Italy.
Lucy is an incredibly talented watercolour artist who, together with her husband Barry McCann, run McCann Fine Art, in Armidale NSW.
Lucy has returned for a second episode with Colour In Your Life, though this time, it’s with the beautiful Free Flow products of Chroma!
- Finalist – Shenzhen International Watercolour Biennial Exhibition 2013 – 2014
- Across The Water: China-Australia Modern Masters of Watercolour 2013-2014
- Finalist Shanghai Zhujiajiao International Watercolour Biennial Exhibition 2012
- Finalist Taiwan-Australia Watercolour Exhibition 2012
- Finalist Mortimore Prize Landscape & Still Life 2012
- Exhibition “Something Old, Something New” NERAM April 2011, with Barry McCann
- Finalist Mortimore Prize Landscape & Drawing 2011
- Winner Unpackers Prize, Commended and People’s Choice awards Norvill Art Prize 2010
- Winner Landscape Mortimore Prize 2010
- Elected Member AWI 2010
- Teaching – Italy 2010
- Mentoring – NERAM 2010
- Artist in residence – NERAM 2009
- Joint exhibition, with husband Barry, entitled: “Evolving Views” NERAM 2008
- Group exhibition and Moving Art Touring Exhibition and Auction 2006
- Finalist – Shirley Hannan 2004
- Finalist – Portia Geach 2003, 2004
You can contact Lucy directly via her website at http://www.mccannfineart.net.au/
Original Air Date: 23rd March 2014