Vanity galleries the pros and cons.

Home Forums Building an Art Business Vanity galleries the pros and cons.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rhonda Armistead 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Natascha Wernick
    Keymaster

Have you been approached by a vanity gallery? What were your experiences? We’d like to hear from you.

Rhonda Armistead
    Participant

ugh. Avoid Avoid. I get regular emails for vanity publishing “magazines”. All on-line only. One which shall remain nameless sounded OK so I replied. I was asked if my work could feature, I said sure. Next thing they’re asking for money to do a more involved feature, or could I sell subscriptions to my friends list. Hit the delete button immediately. I really don’t know if there is any value in them. Sure they get your work out to a greater audience (maybe) but I haven’t heard any feedback from these sites that confirms that. I strongly believe if a genuine publisher wants your work they will pay YOU accordingly, you shouldn’t have to pay them. I would like to know what professional publishers think of these guys. Any out there???.. I’d love to know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Colour In Your Life

Featured Artist Pack

Market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. Sign up to download the Colour In Your Life Featured Artist Pack.

Thanks for subscribing. Your download will be sent to your email.

Are you ready to take your practice to the next level?

Be on the Colour In Your Life show and market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. 

Get in touch with us to get more information.

Thanks for registering your interest to be a featured artist in Colour In Your Life. We'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.