How do you create a successful arts practice?

Home Forums Building an Art Business How do you create a successful arts practice?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rhonda Armistead 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Natascha Wernick
    Keymaster

What are the foundations of building an art practice?

Foundations to building an art practice is a very broad topic. Many could define this by identifying the physical components of an art practice such as lines, values, tones and the rest. Others will look at the topic from a more esoteric point of view- interpreting feelings, art therapy, connections with others or with a greater force. And yet another point of view is considering your art as a business and thinking of foundations to building an art practice as business techniques.

What do you think?

Rhonda Armistead
    Participant

I definitely look at all aspects of my Art as my business. And I’m a stickler for Professional Practice in all areas. Although my work varies from Landscapes, Portraits, Paintings, Etchings and Abstract pieces I think there is a commonality to it simply because it’s created by my hand. Right from the beginning of planning a piece, through developing a body of work, to exhibiting that work. When I do a work I like I try to think it through to a final show or product, how it or the body of work will look installed in a gallery or just on someone’s wall. All my work comes with a Bio and a Certificate of Authenticity which I think is an added “Perceived Value” to the product. Then I try to target my audience through Social Media outlets and Gallery advertising, always trying to get free editorial in the local papers wherever the show is located.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Colour In Your Life

Featured Artist Pack

Market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. Sign up to download the Colour In Your Life Featured Artist Pack.

Thanks for subscribing. Your download will be sent to your email.

Are you ready to take your practice to the next level?

Be on the Colour In Your Life show and market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. 

Get in touch with us to get more information.

Thanks for registering your interest to be a featured artist in Colour In Your Life. We'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.