What Mediums do you enjoy? Tell US here!

Home Forums General What Mediums do you enjoy? Tell US here!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Zilpa van der Gragt 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

The Bull Artist
    Participant

‘The Bull Artist’ http://www.thebullartist paints on kangaroo hide with acrylic paint, pastel and then stitches the detail which then wakes up the painting and voila a 2 d Painting with a walk off the page 3D effect. Probably the only person in the world that paints in this style. Whilst primarily ‘The Bull Artist’ paints mostly portraits of Bulls she enjoys painting other topics at her leaguer. Cheers and enjoy😀

Paton
    Participant

I love to paint with both acrylic paint and oil paint using both brushes and pallet knives

WthrLady
    Participant

I tackle a great deal of photography and watercolor. I’ve been toying with the idea of water friendly oils, but I haven’t committed to that one yet. I used to do acrylics and am really disappointed that the new hydrocryls aren’t available in the US.

shopgirl6102
    Participant

Hi, I started out using oils and have been using them for approx. 30 years. A few months ago I wanted a new challenge and have started using pastels.
    I’m a complete novice in this medium but so far it’s been exciting and I’m enjoying it. I work almost full time, so don’t get a chance to paint everyday but try to set time aside often as I can to take up the challenge. Would love to hear from other pastel artists. Thanks.

Sweetpeas
    Participant

I absolutely love Oils and I get to use them more for the next 6 months. I use Acrylics more so at Art Group and when sitting at night doing something small. I am at the moment trying out Acrylics with Abstract painting.

hannarack
    Participant

I enjoy using oils. I have worked with acrylics but just can’t get a feel for them. I also like using watercolours. I have tried pastel but find I cannot cope with the mess, but I have bought some pan pastels to try.

traceyleedawes
    Participant

Started with acrylics, but am now into watercolour and have just started in pastels – can’t pick a fave

barry. john . Isted
    Participant

GLOSS PAINT ? I get on with oils more than enything

But some years ago I used gloss paint
    in the same idear as encostic
    The efect was very difernt from other mediums

Im working in most mediums
    oil is my favorite
    Pastals. Inks and pencil,
    Mixed mediums I have tryed pencil , inks
    water coulors love to experiment

Anyway enjoy whatever mediums
    barry

Zilpa van der Gragt
    Participant

I use pyrography as my under painting and encaustic paint for colour. I call it PyroWax and have not yet come across anyone else combining the two mediums in the way I do.

[email protected]
    Participant

i use acrylics and watercolors both togther ,have used oils but i find them too messy,i got put onto W oils water soluable oils no turps etc have used them couple of times gone back to acrylics

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Colour In Your Life

Featured Artist Pack

Market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. Sign up to download the Colour In Your Life Featured Artist Pack.

Thanks for subscribing. Your download will be sent to your email.

Are you ready to take your practice to the next level?

Be on the Colour In Your Life show and market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. 

Get in touch with us to get more information.

Thanks for registering your interest to be a featured artist in Colour In Your Life. We'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.