What Mediums do you enjoy? Tell US here!

Home Forums General What Mediums do you enjoy? Tell US here!

This topic contains 22 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  barry. john . Isted 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Arte Annalisa
    Participant

I would like to see more Pastel Artist.

JennyO
    Keymaster

Any particular Artists you enjoy?

[email protected]
    Participant

Just love the freedom of Encaustic wax and a small iron. Have been trying for 20 odd years to be ‘reasonable’ with paints, and have had some basic results. but Encaustic it seems to turn out every time. …..Love the stuff. Phyll

Arte Annalisa
    Participant

My favored medium is pastel, i love the texture and vibrant colors.

[email protected]
    Participant

Just love encaustic, applied with a hot small iron, and assorted mini tools. I get the more brilliant back grounds and skies with this medium. and ‘trees’ my favourite thing to draw, end up with life oozing out of them. Have been trying to paint for 15 years now, but still cannot ‘see’ properly.
    Loved the show of the folk applying gold leaf. before applying it was it just water that was used or a special medium so that the gold can stick
    Many thanks Phyll

annaharris888
    Participant

Hi All,

I have been trying to learn to paint with acrylics for a few years, however I’m not too happy with the results. I’m currently playing with a mixed media approach of acrylics and collage – both to build up an interesting surface just like Shazia Imran – and to collage in some coloured pencil pieces to create more detail in a way that is better than I can do with a brush.

As for a specific brand Liquitex Matte medium is my favourite for both working with acrylic glazes and attaching paper collage pieces.

Cheers,
    Anna.

Shannon
    Participant

I love watercolor, acrylic and pastels.

Ccole
    Participant

Abstract, mixed media and acrylic!

CBrain
    Participant

I started off with oils, however I now love using gouache and watercolour.

pamatayhomesick
    Participant

love acrylic and watercolor or mixed

Jrayer
    Participant

Just starting out after a long hiatus. I always used acrylics, and still using them, but have discovered colored pencils…looking forward to exploring…

nalinidilipdesai
    Participant

Water colours – I like and enjoy working with the lovely water colours – its a very interesting medium with very unsual n amazing results. The colour transparency is great and has very effective layering effect – if done rightly.

Francesca
    Participant

I really enjoy Pyrography , Colored Pencils & Water Colors. I experiment many other mediums but those are my three favorates.

Susanbb
    Participant

Well as most as started with pencil, charcoal and Ink. I loved black and white and was always striving for realism. Now, many years later, I’m fascinated with colors and mixing mediums. Using high pigment Inks, Gels, And other water base mediums, as well as playing with translucent and opaque mediums. I get overwhelmed and feel like I don’t have enough time to create. Instead of stressing trying to get my artwork to look like my subject, I am experimenting with possibilities. I think an artist can go ” mad” trying to be satisfied with their art. Focus is my goal, in hopes I’ll get there. Not ” mad”, but satisfied, lol.

Dominique1442
    Participant

Love transparent watercolor as well as pen and wash.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.