Commissions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nadinec 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Recently I was asked to give a quote for a fairly complicated commission. What are other artist’s experiences with commissions, and how do you go about pricing a commission.

For example, I quoted $50 an hour for 6 hours on a super yacht taking photos of 45-50 people to be included in the painting.

I quoted for 2 days for developing the concept and liaising with the potential client and choosing the final design

Then I quoted a price for the actual painting.

I have been painting for 35 or so years, and have done commissions before, but this commission was quite complex in that he wanted the 45-50 people to be included in the painting.

I am very interested in hearing how other artists handle commissions.

nadinec
    Participant

Did anyone respond to you on this? Just recently hooked up with this website so am just reading the forums.

Is the client expecting realistic representation of these 45-50 people or just the suggestion of them? If the former, sounds prohibitively expensive. Granted, if he’s got a super yacht…

How did this turn out for you? Curious.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.