Skip to content

Reply To: The Eternal Dilemma of Pricing

Home Forums Building an Art Business The Eternal Dilemma of Pricing Reply To: The Eternal Dilemma of Pricing

Zilpa van der Gragt
Participant

I had a lady ask me how I dared charge the prices I charge, a few months ago in my gallery. I simply explained, that because my work is unique to me, she would not find my method anywhere else that I am aware of, and the fact that the painting she was looking at did take me 130 hours to create. I asked in return what she would pay a plumber per hour, and replied that I would have to tripple my pricing at their rates. It was an interesting debate and the lady though not buying anything, regularly brings in her visitors, which to me is fantastic.

Colour In Your Life

Featured Artist Pack

Market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. Sign up to download the Colour In Your Life Featured Artist Pack.

Thanks for subscribing. Your download will be sent to your email.

Are you ready to take your practice to the next level?

Be on the Colour In Your Life show and market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. 

Get in touch with us to get more information.

Thanks for registering your interest to be a featured artist in Colour In Your Life. We'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.