Skip to content

Reply To: The Eternal Dilemma of Pricing

Home Forums Building an Art Business The Eternal Dilemma of Pricing Reply To: The Eternal Dilemma of Pricing

Rob McGregor
Participant

When you first start selling, I suggest that after taking costs into account, you decide what is the minimum price you would be happy with.
If sales are quick, then increase the price a little. Continue to do this if your work goes quickly. People are not happy if they purchase one of your works and subsequently the cost for other work you produce decreases. However if prices go up, buyers are happy that they bought when they did.
I price according to size so there is no confusion in people’s minds; they don’t see two pieces equal size and different price and wonder ???
It also helps when painting commissions as the person knows what they are in for before committing. My commission pieces are about 25% cheaper as there are no gallery costs.

Colour In Your Life

Featured Artist Pack

Market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. Sign up to download the Colour In Your Life Featured Artist Pack.

Thanks for subscribing. Your download will be sent to your email.

Are you ready to take your practice to the next level?

Be on the Colour In Your Life show and market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. 

Get in touch with us to get more information.

Thanks for registering your interest to be a featured artist in Colour In Your Life. We'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.