Skip to content

Reply To: The Eternal Dilemma of Pricing

Home Forums Building an Art Business The Eternal Dilemma of Pricing Reply To: The Eternal Dilemma of Pricing

Tricia Reust
Participant

Dear Tracey lee,
I suggest to my students when starting up to assess their costs (for example, add up canvas/supplies/framing) and make that sum total be a third of the overall selling price. That way, they have a third available for a commission if sold in a gallery or venue, and a third to jiggle with if someone wants to haggle, and they hopefully will still cover costs. I have a set price (depending on sizes and surface) for works that I do as demonstration pieces or which are created during my giving a workshop, and separate costing system for those works which come from my heart and that I work on in my studio. Best wishes for resolving your problem with pricing, sincerely, Tricia http://www.triciareust.com

Colour In Your Life

Featured Artist Pack

Market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. Sign up to download the Colour In Your Life Featured Artist Pack.

Thanks for subscribing. Your download will be sent to your email.

Are you ready to take your practice to the next level?

Be on the Colour In Your Life show and market yourself to an international audience and take your career as an artist to the next level. 

Get in touch with us to get more information.

Thanks for registering your interest to be a featured artist in Colour In Your Life. We'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.