From Graeme’s desk
Well over the last 8 years we have had the privilege of filming many hundreds of artists in 7 countries now.
The CIYL team is continually amazed at what the show has been able to do for many of the artists.
We have learned over the years a number of things that each artist can do to further promote their work and of course their show
- Firstly make sure you have put your show up on your website. No point in doing the show if you do not use it on your own website to help promote your work.
- Make sure you send the link to your own database. Your clients, friends and family can then be part of your wider network, so by asking them to send it to their database you can cover a huge matrix of people across the world
- Send the show to any companies whose materials and brands you use. Tell them that it is OK if they would like to put your show up on their website. It promotes you, it promotes CIYL and it is a great way for them to get someone to demonstrate how their products are used.
- When your show is uploaded to YouTube make sure you put the link up on as many of the social networking platforms you are on.
- Don’t stop doing that, every couple of months or so make sure you re-advertise your URL link to your show.
- Write a story and send it to your local newspapers with photos and tell them you are on an international TV series about artists in their studios. You can do this with other magazines as well. The show is now filmed in 7 countries, aired in 13, is on multiple social networking systems hundreds of TV stations and multiple TV Apps as well. There are another two hosts and film crews in the UK and the USA now filming the series as well. It’s a great story that you are apart of and if you reach out and tell people you may end up with some great stories written about you. You are creating your own advertising buzz by doing this.
- Make sure when you do a show or end up at a trade show you have your show playing. A number of artists have done this and have been able to create much more interest around their work and increased sales as well.
- Send the show to your regional and local Art societies and groups. This can create a greater awareness of who you are and also the work you produce.
- When you are looking for new galleries to work with, include the link to your show so that the Director can see who you are and what you do. Once again a number of artists have done this with great success, it helps the Director to see your work and understand your motivations.
- Send the link to your local council and Mayor as well. You may know who the Mayor of your area or town is, but do they know who you are? A great way to establish a rapport with the people that make decisions in your area.
- When you are making grant proposals or would like to seek grants for your work, and there are many of them out there, make sure you include the link to your show, so once again government departments can see who you are and the fact that you are a little more professional than most because of what you have done.
- Create your own YouTube Channel. A mobile phone or a reasonable video camera can help you to create your own YouTube Channel. 2 year, 3 years, 5 years will still go past and I hope all of the CIYL artists live very long lives. Unfortunately, since we have started the series 3 CIYL Artists have passed on and we really feel their loses. By simply recording what you are doing in your studios and posting it to YouTube and your other social networking platforms you are enabling more and more people to see what you do. You can also put up your CIYL show on your own YouTube channel which once again will help you promote your work as well.
Submissions are now being accepted from visual artists in mediums including painting, drawing, mixed media, glass, collage, sculpture and others.
If you are serious about your art and want to take your art practice to the next level then it’s time for you to contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.